Fun With New Math!
Boy, February is always a bad time to be at a big firm, what with collection issues, reviews etc. but it's especially bad this year, huh? You can add Mike Casey's Epstein Becker to the list of firms that fired lawyers yesterday:
In other fun math news, I see how the planned expenditure of Miami-Dade taxes to build that spiffy new Marlins stadium will total $1.8 billion over 40 years. That's just what's planned.Here is a summary of jobs lost yesterday:
Bryan Cave: 58 lawyers and 76 staffers
Cozen O’Connor: 61 staffers
Dechert: 19 lawyers
DLA Piper: 80 lawyers and 100 staffers
Epstein Becker & Green: 23 lawyers and 30 staffers
Faegre & Benson: 29 lawyers
Goodwin Procter: 38 lawyers and 36 staffers
Holland & Knight: 70 lawyers and 173 staffers
This includes a whoppin' planned county bond repayment of $144 million in 2044.
So when this already obsolete stadium is 32 years old, taxpayers will still be shelling out $144 million for construction that occurred more than three decades ago.
Oh no, here's comes another ode to Roberto (sung to the tune of Jenny/8675309):
Roberto, Roberto who can I turn toAin't numbers fun?
You give me something I can hold on to
I know you'll think I'm like the others before
Who saw your lawsuit in front of Judge Cohen
Roberto I've got your number
You need to save our town
Roberto don't change your number
4 7 6-7 4 0 0 (4 7 6-7 4 0 0)
4 7 6-7 4 0 0 (4 7 6-7 4 0 0)
Roberto, Roberto you're the only lawyer for me
You don't know me but you make me so happy
I tried to co-counsel with you before
But I lost my nerve
I tried negotiating with Bruce Greer
But Judge Cohen wouldn't let me
Roberto I've got your number
You need to save this town
Roberto don't change your number
4 7 6-7 4 0 0 (4 7 6-7 4 0 0)
4 7 6-7 4 0 0 (4 7 6-7 4 0 0)
I got it (I got it), I got it
I got your number on my phone
I got it (I got it), I got it
To save our county call
Roberto don't change your number
You need to save this town
Roberto I've got your number
4 7 6-7 4 0 0 (4 7 6-7 4 0 0)
4 7 6-7 4 0 0 (4 7 6-7 4 0 0)
This entry was posted on at 7:02 AM and is filed under marlins, Michael W. Casey III, Roberto Martinez. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.
- No comments yet.
VIP Followers
Info recommended by:
Webpages of law
Popular entries
-
500 Coke employees lost their health insurance the day after they went on strike. The union has sued under ERISA , claiming the action wa...
-
Two weeks ago, a Florida man was arrested for logging on to his Facebook account and requesting that his estranged wife list him as a "...
-
The average cost of family health insurance coverage rose 3% to $13,770 in 2010, while at the same time the employee's share of the c...
-
UPDATE: There is pending legislation for major changes to the alimony statute in Massachusetts. The Alimony Reform Act of 2011 was filed on...
-
There are four house bills that propose changes to the current custody statute. However, H.1306 and H.2684 are practically the same, though...
-
Well kids I plan to scoot out of here shortly, to begin my long solemn weekend regimen of prayer , reflection , and expanding my abdomen , s...
-
Image courtesy of FreeFoto.com This is the first post in our series evaluating the potential of Custody Reform in Massachusetts. Before you...
-
According to a New York Times article , the New York State legislature recently approved legislation that would allow No-Fault divorces in N...
-
If you live in Massachusetts, by now you've probably heard about Alimony Reform. Both the House and Senate have passed the Alimony Refo...
-
The second senate bill that proposes amendments to the current custody statute is S00847. This proposal was filed in the Senate on January ...